Saturday, July 23, 2011

Coffee and cupcakes

There are some that come into my life and I know they are a gift to me.  It reminds me of two friends from the deep past.  One the son of a king, the other a shepherd boy (1 Samuel, if your interested in the whole story, chapter 18 for these more specific thoughts).  My Missionary sister-in-law is like that for me.  We met just days before my wedding.  She flew over seas to attend.  We were instant friends.  In many ways I give credit to the foreign missions, a life style we both have lived.  However the more I know her the more I think she's just a gift.

Last night we sat down in an almost empty restaurant with a very friendly waitress, enjoying some tasty cupcakes and warm coffee.  We talked.  We talked for hours.  First me as she wanted to know about my depression and those two precious nephews of hers.  Second of her life.  Both of us currently living on the same soil, only a days drive away.  Now very different lives, callings, fulfillment's. 

It's beautiful.  A Joy.  A pure gift really.

That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving and declare all Your wonders.
Psalm 26:7

844.  Coffee & cupcakes.
845.  Conversation that pauses for months without a beat skipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment