Friday, February 6, 2015

For cold winter days.

When life is good, but the cold runs deep, through your bones and straight to your heart.
When there's been plenty of rest to be had, but your eyes still beg for more.
This is choosing to see...


281.  Little boys playing in the snow.  Watching them "swim" through the snow from the kitchen window.
282.  Snow days, when even I don't have to go to work.
283.  Driving through blizzards just Man of the woods and I (shoveling snow together just to get in the store)...
284.  ...And getting stuck in a parking lot together...
285.  ...but while I clean of the windshield little mans prays for help.  We drive safely home.


286.  Power outages that last 5 days.
287.  Reading books by flash light, playing cribbage with friends.


288.  Finding summer time "treasures" hidden away.
289.  The rest a crackling fire brings, and the peace of falling snow.


290.  Family game night while sipping hot tea.
291.  Boys who have finally out grown "Memory" and find joy in games that are a bit more challenging.
292.  Friends over for game nights, full of laughter.


293.  A warm house to live in, a gift we have not forgotten.
294. Reliable cars to drive.


295.  The ideas that come to life when cooped up inside for weeks at a time.

You can't see the giraffe band aid, but it's up on his arm so that the tiger band aid can't eat the giraffe...There were tears and rashes when these little suckers came off...


296.  Hours spent together playing with Legos as a family.  Robots built, tree houses made, and battles had.
297.  Lunch out just to get out of the house, and a little old lady who enjoy watching us so much she paid our bill.
298.  Small boy hands held to keep warm.


299.  Slow days at work to catch up on the small stuff.
300.  Hours spent with my boss learning the fine details.
301.  Asking the same question a hundred ways and answered with lots of patience until I finally get it.
302.  My guys who pop in with a soda to help get me through the long days.
303.  A staff who value the store as much as I do to work beside.
304.  Coffee dates on the phone with housemates who live in the next town over.
305.  The quiet tick of the clock.


306.  Tuesday school with my boys before I head of to work, my only day really.
307.  The science of color.
308.  Sitting on the couch listening to them read books to me.
309.  Babies who are becoming educated boys.
310.  People who ask to babysit my boys, because they are so much fun to be with.
311.  A hubby who teaches them to be good men.
312.  The golden tree tops as the set sun crowns them with its glory.
314.  Full moon traveling home with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment