Tuesday, July 24, 2018

One

To my Happy one,

Today you are one.  You have changed my life and my perspective on the world.  You have taught me to love fully expecting nothing back.  The first time I laid eyes on you the room was dark and you were alone sleeping in the hospital bassinet I knew then you were amazing and I would love you fiercely.  That first day home you slept right near me, but still I'd check on you often. Over the next few weeks you and I, we learned each other.  You learned my heart beat and I learned your cries.  Together we fought to grow, and grow you did, born in the 3% to now in high 80's.  Already in just one year I'm proud of who you are and the sweet boy you are becoming.

My prayer for you this year is that you continue to grow and overcome some hard things, but most of all that you never lose your joy.  I pray that you always find the happiness that is in life even when it's hard.  That as you fall down with wobbly legs you laugh it off and as you experience new things you do it without fear.  You are beautiful and wonderfully made.  I hope the whole world can see your joy and happiness like I can.  I hope that as you grow into a man over the years you learn to use it as a tool to love others.  We have so many unknowns in our future.  Where ever the future takes us I promise you I will always love and pray for you.  You will always be one of mine.  I love you sweet boy.

I'm thankful for:
~ Your kisses and early morning caresses.
~ Your wiggle hugs.
~ The way your eyes light up when you see the big boys.
~ The way you get excited when you hear our Strong man's voice when he gets home from work.
~ The way you get excited about PJ masks, even giving them kisses when you can.
~ How happy you are to go to bed at night.
~ Your love for water.
~ How the guitar calms you.
~ Your love for Ben Rector and teddy grahams.
~ The way your eyes light up when you see babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment