Saturday, July 12, 2014

It's all about timing...

Three months ago I quit my job at the Hut, a job I loved, to begin a new one.

Two months ago I lost my grandmother.  With my loss I spent more time back home which I wouldn't have been able to do had I not left the job I loved.

Three weeks ago I was offered a better position back at the Hut that I didn't think I would ever be offered.  With the loss of my grandmother and all the time I would have taken off I'm not sure I would have been given the opportunity for this new position had I stayed. I gave my notice at the new one.

Two weeks ago, on my last day, I was called out of work.  A few minutes later I received a phone call and found myself headed to the Portland hospital to be with my sister and her little girl.

I have wondered at the timing of these past few months.  I've wondered why I my new job just didn't seem to fit quite right.  I wondered at the death of my Grandmother who was full of life just days before her passing.  I wondered at the offer of this other position.

Now that I'm through it, I can see how God used one to lead to the other.  This chain of events allowed me to love on people that hurt so deeply.  I can't help but remember the words of Solomon the wisest man ever to live saying there is a time for everything.

There is an appointed time for everything.  And there is a time for every event under the heaven.
~ Ecclesiastes 3:1

166.  A God who coordinates events perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment