Saturday, September 17, 2011

Silent rest

Five years ago I moved to the city for the first time in my life.  Up until that point I had always been a country girl.  When your blessed with something you've only ever known the fact that it's a gift sometimes passes you by, as it did me for a time.  Now in the country again I realize how much I miss seeing God's beautiful creation. 

Here's the view from my bedroom window.  In fact every window has a view like this one.


The silence of busyness brings rest to my soul.  The songs of crickets, cows, chicks, and wind, to list a few, mends my brokenness.

Let the field exult, and all that is in it.  Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy.
~ Psalm 96:12


1011.  Crickets chirping
1012.  Silence of city life.
1013.  Great view from my apartment.
1014.  Waking each day to God's creation.

1 comment:

  1. I so understand! Moving back to Maine from Chicago has been the same for me. I LOVE seeing all the green, hearing bugs and birds, and very little man-made noise. Pure bliss!

    ReplyDelete