Sunday, November 4, 2012

Avoiding the stink of stagnation.

At a time I needed it my over seas Mom said to me, "I think you've come to a place where you've stopped growing.  Some people never leave this place and you need to be careful you don't become one of them." At the time I was in a spot where I had put myself in a bad situation totally dealing with it incorrectly.  At the time it crushed me.  I spent months meditating on her words.  I found she was terrifyingly right, I had begun to become a stagnant pond growing scum.  I was becoming one of those people who stop growing.

A pond full of life.

Since that time her words have pushed me to evaluate and reevaluate my growth.  All of life is about knowing and loving the Creator.  Since there is no end to Him there is no end to what can be learned about Him.  I've learned from evaluating my life, such as the time she told me this truth, I can too easily come to a place where I begin to grow scum just like a stagnant pond does.  Who enjoys spending time around a smelly pound?  I'll tell you only the mosquitoes & other blood draining creatures.


I pray that I will not become tired of learning about my Creator.  I pray I do not become one who had begun the journey so well and then slowly become a smelly stagnant pond repelling all good life.


While praying can move mountains actions can change habits.  They go hand in hand.  Here are the actions I take to avoid the stink and blood sucking creatures.
1.  I evaluate. (Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life.  ~Proverbs 4:23)
2.  I spend time reading and practicing the Words of God each day. (For Ezra had set his heart to study the law of the LORD and to practice it...  ~Ezra 7:10)
3.  I pray that I may be taught. (Do not reject the discipline of the LORD or loathe His reproof.  For whom the LORD loves He reproves, even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights. ~Proverbs 3:11-12)


I will always be grateful for this Mom of mine who spoke life changing words of truth into my life.
 
Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize?  Run in such a way that you may win.
~ 1 Corinthians 9:24

2674.  My overseas Mom to speak truth to me.
2675.  A creator that always invites us to know Him more.
2676.  A guide book to living life to the fullest.
2677.  To be disciplined allowing me to grow.
2678.  The most thrilling race of all; life.

No comments:

Post a Comment