Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 1, 2013

On the day we decided to accept our gift house I began praying.  Praying for a full house.  Praying for a place where we can share life with others who know they themselves can do no more; there only hope is to hold tight to the only truth they know:  Jesus.


A hope.  A prayer.  A dream.  All three spanning a time of nine years.  A passion only God could put in my heart.

 
As we've moved into this gift house, we have adjusted to what stewardship of such a big responsibility really means.  In many ways more work on our part but I have also rested in knowing that I had time to test the waters of Haven.  We have held large feast.  We have hosted friends talking of spiritual things into the late hours.  We have laughed with many.  We have feed some.  We have found rhythm.  We have found joy.  We have tested the waters.  It has been good.


God has also said it is good.  He has seen our faithfulness.  He has seen our trust in Him.  One day when He knew we were ready to dive in we received a knock on the door.  A women and her three children asking for a place only for a night or two.  A women I instantly feel in love with this past summer when our paths first crossed.  A women I have not only wanted to pray for but have needed to sit with my Father petitioning on her behalf.  A women who mixes both my desire for Haven and my desire to touch unknown soil and those who grew up on it.  Two passions I never thought would mix.  A women who sees the need to widen her circle.


Only God knows what our journey together will look like or how long it will last.  It will be good, because God promises to those who know Him that all is good. 


We have officially taken our first jump into Haven.


Trust in the LORD and do good;  Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.  Delight yourself in the LORD; and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He will do it.
~ Psalm 37:3-5

My gifts:
~ A God who trusts me.
~ Again, this gift house.
~ My family unified in our love for these four.
~ A God who has said it is good.
~ Nine years of praying, dreaming, finally being granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment