Saturday, May 3, 2014

In your kitchen without you.

I'm sitting on the couch enjoying the smell wafting through the house as the crock pot does its job.  There is chicken marinating in the fridge that I will cook up in a few minutes.  Your house is quiet as I am the only one here.  I told you I would be by in the morning, but will have to be late.  I'm sure you won't mind as I'm taking some time to care for Grandpa.   Gram know that he will be well taken care of, but I would feel better about cooking for him if I had your recipes to use.

Yesterday morning I started going through your cookbooks trying to find your favorites.  You didn't mark the recipes you liked very well.  If only I had given you that empty notebook sooner then i would have them all in your handwriting now and I wouldn't be cooking up my recipes, but yours.


I thought I had a few more years with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment