Saturday, July 28, 2012

A short battle and a victory.

July has been one heck of a month.  As I woke beginning to prepare myself for church I realized I would soon come crashing down.  The darkness that I now know intimately, but have not seen in months, once again began invading my mind, my soul.  I did all I could to keep from crawling back into bed, a desperate fight to go worship my Maker with others.  By the time I walked out through the church doors trying to move onto the next thing, I fought tears doing my best to not to succumb to the suffocating black cloud.  Strong man knowing my unspoken thoughts quickly agreed an afternoon of rest and quiet was needed.  He took the family out for the afternoon leaving me to the Creator.  It was good, so good.  In fact as Monday morning dawned the darkness that fought for my mind just a few hours earlier had completely dissipated. 

Why are you in despair, O my soul?  And why have you become disturbed within me?  Hope in God for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence.
~ Psalm 42:5

2432.  A gift of knowing my mind enough to see the beginning of a fall.-Something I was told was impossible for one with my sickness.
2433.  A husband who is keenly in tune to my needs.
2434.  A God who tells us to rest.
2435.  A healing mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment