Monday, December 3, 2012

Catching up on Thanksgiving

Well now, the day before Thanksgiving I realized I had used up all my picture space over on this here blog, and because I did all of my Christmas shopping online this year, my bank account went on alert not allowing anything from the internet to withdraw from it.  It was for my protection and while I am glad to know my money's well protected I have missed recording life here.  Today's about catching up...

The makings of an Apple Cranberry Pie.
I found this recipe on the back of a bag the year Laughter was born.  It has ever since become apart of our holiday celebrations.  In making this I knew Thanksgiving was about to start.  A full week long celebration this year.  Monday massive amounts of cleaning and the first pie was put together not to be backed until the morning of.

S'more Brownies.
Now this one I only because we had just been introduced immediately falling in love.  As we remember all that we've been giving and all that we have to say thank You for I wanted the boys to have food that would bring them great pleasure as well.  As it turned out it brought us adults joy too as the kids didn't touch the pies we had been waiting for...This goody will be back.


Grandpa B came up Wednesday morning to help me with the cooking.  As far as American food and childhood memories go he is the second best cook only beat by his mother.  The smells brought back such good memories.  The tastes explode in your mouth.


Here's a taste explosion for you; Chocolate French Silk Pie made with Belgium chocolate and homemade whipped cream...I won't mention the singed hair or my new understanding that some kitchen aids are more then just space fillers...


It seems that around Christmas time as I'm cooking to prepare for some kind of gathering one of the boys has a hard time sleeping.  On those night instead of being sent back to bed.  They get to come help and even lick the spoon before being sent back to bed.  They love it and so do I.



There were 10 of us this year.  Five kids and five adults. 


I was excited to be sharing our gift house with others. I was excited to be sharing a dream we've had as well; to host friends at our house.

Big brother came all the way from Boston to be with us.



It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment