Monday, June 24, 2013

Does God have an answer?

Some say God only gives them an answer when He says, "Yes," the rest of the time being silent leaving them unsure if He is saying no or not now.  Some say that God says, "Yes and no."  The quietness is His way of saying no.  Some say that God says, "Yes, no, and wait."  Wait simply means to not give up on your request, but that you should sit back put your feet up and wait for the green light.


What do I think?


I think that God has an answer for everything.  I do understand God often says to wait, but I find that typically it isn't simply just because; He always has a reason.  Not only that but I find that He usually isn't asking me to wait, but rather asking me to learn so that I will be prepared for His answer.  Even more so I find that often after I have learned I see He was giving me His answer all along...(So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened. ~Luke 11:9-10)...I'm secure in this answer.


What do you do when God hasn't even cleared the fog enough for you to inch forward?


My dearest boys, remember this:  Sit where you are with the Bible, His words in writing.  Sometimes this is the only truth we can see with both our eyes and our hearts.  Sit, search, study, inquire of Him, and trust that He finds joy in teaching you.  Know that just as I savored your first steps, your first words, and the look in your eyes every time you fully understand.  One day you will be fathers and one day you will savor these moments.  One day as you savor the learning of your children remember He savors your growth as well.  You are after all His little men.


Take this gift of learning that He has to offer and allow Him the joy of teaching you.
 
The hand of our God is favorably disposed to all those who seek Him.
~ Ezra 8:22b

No comments:

Post a Comment