Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A week of slowing, Day 1

Monday night date night.


Usually we go out for dinner but what we do afterwards varies sometimes we take a walk, or sip coffee, or spend hours at the bookstore coveting and adding to our never ending list of books to read, or we go to our favorite pub that serves the best pies, and every once in a while we go to the movies.


But this week neither of us really felt like going out.  Nana and Grandpa agreed to come get the kidlets, while we got out dice, little lead men, the game board and began battling each other.


On "brotherhood" nights they play these role playing games that I happen to really like as well.  The only down side is that I'm at work for most of the night so I end up joining in as the slowest, weakest character when I finally do get home.


But being married to the game master I have extra time to play catch up.  So on Monday I ate cherries, rolled dice and began building my blacksmith, vagabond-in-training-to-be-an-assassin, and Skadi up.  I won the battle and the next two but have been warned that from here on out he will not go easy on me.  To which I say, "Bring it."


I am secretly a bit of a geek, and Strong man loves me for it. 

2 comments: