Tuesday, July 2, 2013

He's a good man.

One of Strong man's biggest pet peeves to have just fallen asleep when I get this thought of "ubber importance" that spews out of my mouth waking him from his blissful sleep.  Usually it goes something like this: Oh hey did I tell you about so and so? or What if we went fishing for family day this week? or One of the boys said the funniest thing today....For the first, I don't, three years or so this was a nightly occurrence.  By year four it happened often but was always followed with a, "Oops sorry I didn't know you were asleep yet, never mind."  After a while he pretty much learned to sleep through these random thoughts.  Until I thought we had a major conversation once during this time and made a pretty important decision that he had actually slept through just mumbling here and there, but not really listening.  These days I do everything I can not to wake him and when I do he does everything he can to pay attention. 

Last night he was snoring away and I was just beginning to drift off to sleep when I saw a flash of lightning.  I knew there had been flash flood warnings and I knew the boys bedroom window was open.  The good wifey that I am didn't just get up and go shut there window to keep the noise out, but opted for a second opinion.  He's usually a lite sleeper and often my rolling over is enough to wake him, but last night I had to say his name twice and gently shake his shoulder causing him to gasp as he jumped about six inches off the bed.  That was about the time I realized maybe I didn't really need that second opinion and maybe I should have just shut the window myself.  Oops.  By that time I was committed and if I had simply said, "Oh never mind" Strong man would have been more then slightly annoyed with me so I just continued on with my quest for a second opinion.  He, full of grace, got up shut the window and as we were both closing our eyes again there was another flash.

What I failed to notice the first time I saw this flash was that actually it was flashing green and was flying through in our room.  We turned on the light, I stretched as tall as I could hoping to catch him.  Never mind the fact that our ceilings are 16 feet high when I myself am not even five in a half feet high making it virtually impossible for me to catch this guy.  It was after midnight so I wasn't even close to being in my right mind as I'm sure I've already proved.  (Hey, at least I didn't walk straight into the wall as I've heard other Momma's do at this time of night).  Strong man on the other hand he ran for a kitchen chair and a glass.  In no time at all that flickering little bug was beside his cousin all snug in a jar on the boys nightstand.  The house once again was quiet.  As I drifted off to sleep I could help but think, "Oh baby, that man is hot!"

See that little one laying on his back with his legs up dead...Yep that's the one we caught last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment