Sunday, September 7, 2014

First week of school

September 2nd kicked off our school year.  As much as I love the camera I am not one of those totally on top of it mothers who has a cute little sign marking the first day of school and what grade there child is entering.  I kind of wish I was, but am still proud of myself for at least marking the first day of kindergarten, which after all is the life changing childhood moment.  From that day on the child will forever have some kind of responsibility, it begins with the ABC's, but ends with a job to support themselves.  Yes I am proud of myself for capturing that moment, but really is the first day of first grade that life changing.  I don't think so...or at least that's what I tell myself to stave off the guilt of forgetting to take a picture marking the beginning of a new school year...

Kindergarten photo.

This year looks entirely different from last year because we are officially a homeschooling family.  Man of the woods in first grade and now Laughter is going through a preschool program his brother and I did a few years back.

In our school we drink coffee, sit at the kitchen table, and listen to instrumental music while we learn.

After two days we're still alive, and even still like each other.  Even more importantly each of the boys seemed to have retained what I taught them.  Here's to a great school year!...I hope...


Does an over-the-shoulder-day-before-school-starts photo count as a first day photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment