Monday, October 6, 2014

Dear Self,

I didn't write this at 13 with the hopes that you would read this in 20 years, I'm writing this as a full grown women, wife, & mother knowing you need to see this today.  Now more then ever you need to slow and see.  You are a Momma of 2 blue eyed boys, and are married to a man that surpasses your dreams, and you are an RGM (something you have hoped for since high school, I might add.)

Life is good.  So, Self, slow down and breathe it in.  Breathe as if you're standing on a mountain top looking out over creation, taking in the beauty of the world.  Isn't that really what life is all about anyway; taking in the beauty of it, rejoicing in creation, and thanking the Creator for every good thing.  You need to hear that again; Self, slow and see.

Soon your boys will be men, husbands, and not long after Daddy's.  In the words of Laughter, "God didn't design us to stay small forever."  You only have so much time to be "their girl", enjoy it, and hold it close.  They adore you.  Soak it in, breathe deep and count the joys of each breath.

You're job; you love to this kind of work, organizing, teaching, constantly learning yourself, making things more efficient, and trying to save money all the while striving for excellence.  So when food gets stuck in the oven burning 8 orders, causing the cooks to scramble to get caught up, and the waitress are ready to strangle you because the guest are impatient, and only you can see the big picture, that's when you should breathe deep and see all of the joy.  And when you set aside a day to get some "fall cleaning" done and the machine breaks and 50 gallons of water ends up on on your floor, slow and see, breathing it all in.

Count those joys, hold your husband's hand taking in all that beauty as you walk life together.

207 ~ 230
~ A life full of dreams coming true.
~ Laughing at spilled water that takes three women 45 minutes to clean.
~ A boss who laughs with you.
~ A kitchen team rolling with the bumps of life.
~ A strong wait staff when mishaps happen.
~ 4 year old boys using words like, design, and compromise.
~ Managers willing to come in early.
~ Lots of grace as transition happens.
~ Guests leaving satisfied, even when every single one of use feels frazzled.
~ Staff staying hours late with good attitudes.
~ A boss who still answers the phone when I call on her day off.
~ Man of the woods learning to ride his bike without training wheels.
~ Getting to see him do it the very same day he learns.
~ Still getting to be apart of the boys schooling even though I work so much.
~ Lazy days off when I get to sleep in.
~ The smile on Man of the woods face every single time I wear the the footie pj's he gave me for Christmas a year earlier.
~ A husband who waits up for me every single night I close.
~ Saturday morning family breakfast.
~ Freckle faced boys.
~ A husband who will run errands for my store because we're so busy I can't leave.
~ Two boys who will sit and color while he is out and we're all busy at the store.
~ Two boys that always make my coworkers smile when they come in, even in all of the crazy.
~ The understanding and grace my men give me as we all transition into my new job.
~ More experienced coworkers who let me pick there brain as I try to learn this job.


No comments:

Post a Comment