Sunday, May 10, 2015

Seven

My dear man of the woods,




Today we share Mothers day and your birthday.  Your first birthday was the last time this happened.  The sun was shining and the day was glorious, we hiked through the woods following the river where we would stop and let you play in the puddles along the way.


This year we're having a cook out with lots of friends full of games and fun.  I can't believe how much you've grown from that day when you were barely walking to now where you literally climb the walls.  I am proud of the boy you are, and my heart overflows with love for you, my first born son.


Mile stones:
~ You broke your arm jumping off the swing in early summer.  There wasn't much playing in the water or fishing, but still it was a good summer and you had a great attitude.


~ Still by the end of the summer you were riding a bike without training wheals, flying up and down the driveway.
~ You lost your first two teeth.
~ You flew through first grade reading books like Sam I am, and Put me in the zoo.


An interview with seven year old you:
What is your favorite color?  Green
What is something that is very special to you?  God
What is your favorite word or saying?  I don't know, but I really like whistling.



What is your favorite thing to do?  Either climb walls or bike.
Who is your favorite super hero?  Forest Lord... The hero I was last year at Kids Fest.
What is your favorite memory of this past year?  Catching my big trout on my birthday last year.
When you grow up what do you want to be?  A trapper.



My prayer for you this year is this...I pray that you learn to turn your knowledge into wisdom.  That you do what is right because you want to not because it is what we ask of you.  I pray that this is a year full of health.  I pray you learn to see the Creator in all of life, and that you love Him deeply.


Every time I look at you I remember how much God loves me.  You are everything I asked for and so much more.  You are one of the greatest gifts I will ever be given.  I love you my son.

And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, for You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.
~ Psalm 9;10


1 comment:

  1. That is a wonderful last picture. Love seeing how God works in your family!!

    ReplyDelete