Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Keys

It all started as we were heading back from a good long day of fishing.  We had just come over the last hill and could see Red Ronda the Honda.  My strong man asked me to find the keys that were deep in the hiking bag.  As I pulled them out I was a bit confused because what I found were not for my Ronda but for his small car back home.  Here we were 3 miles from a place where we could even find a phone to use or another person to talk too.  Gratefully Ronda is a peculiar car as she tends to allow three doors to lock but one is always open, never knowing which one it will be.  This day, thankfully, it was Our Son of Laughter's door.  As we opened the door we sighed a prayer of thanksgiving for the quirks and Insight to our oversight.

As I said before Ronda is a bit peculiar.  Only one of our two master keys will unlock the trunk.  As she's my car, my key will open her up.  About half way home we realized that my keys were missing.  We had used them to pack the car and assumed that they must have ended up in the diaper bag in the back.  After driving 70 plus miles and pulling everything out of the trunk over the back seats we realized that they were no where to be found.  It happened just by chance as we all had given up that my Dad looked down and saw there reflection bouncing off the car paint.  They had fallen down into my spare tire.  They could have fallen out through either side, but instead balanced on the rim the whole way home, over miles of dirt road, miles of highway driving, and miles of in town stop and go.

I can think of nothing else other then God's protection of my small keys.  I am loved!

 Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not worth much more than they?
~ Matthew 6:26


896.  Quirky car.
897.  Broken locks.
898.  God's protection of the small unimportant things in the grand scheme of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment