Monday, August 22, 2011

White water Rafting


Let me start out by telling you about this place: Moose River outpost is a Christian run camp ground.  It's different then most and is all about relationship building.  Sadly we only stayed one night, but it was a great one!  More on that in a bit. Check it out here.  The rafting company, wind fall rafting, we used is staffed with only believers and did a fantastic job.


Praise the Lord ole Bessy aka the church van didn't have any problems on this trip.  We were on the boarder of northern Maine and Canada.  It took us 2 1/2 hours to reach the camp grounds.  For all those Starbucks fans we were 109 miles away from the nearest one.



It was a pretty quiet ride up.  Some read books, a few chatted, many listened to there ipods.  Those in the far back wished they could ride like this with natural AC instead of the stuffy van.



The drive was beautiful.  Every sunset is a gift.  If I had had my way we would have stopped every few minutes to get another picture of creation, but I wasn't driving and didn't want to walk.


Chocolate one of my favorite parts of the trip.  Not because of the taste, but because of the fellowship and worship that followed.


The campground had a community camp fire, two other church groups were with us that night.  Ours being the biggest we kind of hijacked the agenda.  I don't think anybody minded.  First we ate smores then sang songs of praise and truth, thanked God of all that He gives us, and were challenged to not become a statistic but to be in a life long relationship with Jesus.



On a side note, I forgot my sleeping bag so my amazing husband gave his up for me.  I am blessed.


The adults swarmed to the coffee at breakfast.  Getting geared up for the day.  I don't know how the men slept but I do know that a few jr. high girls were up at 5:45 chatting.



I learned my lesson about taking my camera on the river so I have no pictures of all the fun but let me try to give you a glimpse:
-15 miles of river
-Up to class four rapids.
-Some, my Strong man included, were dumped in the first 10 minutes.
-My boat alone rescued 6 people.
-A fantastic lunch.
-Much swimming
-Even more laughter.
-Lots of stories.
-No ipods used on the trip home and nobody slept, all were too busy talking.

I love how God's creation away from human made distractions brings joy and fellowship to people.  It is so good.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
~Romans 1:20


955.  Relationship building trips.
956.  15 miles of river time with 3 of my "daughters".
957.  Nerves calmed as I stepped into the boat.
958.  Nothing lost to the river & all riders reclaimed.
959.  No injuries.
960.  Worshipping under the stars.
961.  A smooth trip with Ole Bessy.

No comments:

Post a Comment