Wednesday, December 17, 2014

My baby turns five

Well, Sweet boy, every year I go back through your years to remember you.  To remember how you've grown, the gift that you are, and to look forward to your future.  You have grown this year in ways I did expect, and I love it.  I love you.


 You couldn't wait to be in kindergarten, but we wanted you to wait a year or so as you were only 4. However we quickly realized you are ready for more then just some preschool projects, this year you're learning to read and write, along with some addition and subtraction.  I'd say you got what you wanted.


Honestly it's harder for me to let you grow up then I thought it would be.  Each day you grow I watch you become more independent.  Those hugs, kisses and snuggles that used to be daily are now a few times a week, if I'm lucky.  Sometimes when I ask for one you roll your eyes.  Soon those will be a thing of the past.  While Silas birthed me into motherhood, you are teaching me to hold my loves with an open hand allowing you to grow into the man God wants you to be.


My prayer for you last year was that you would continue to love unconditionally and hold back those punches a little bit more often.  You did.  You've learned to use your words before starting a fight while sharing your love with everybody you meet.




  Mile stones:
~ The first to break a bone, your clavicle, Easter weekend we were at a hotel, you were putting your shoes on so we could meet Uncle Jared for dinner, when you slid off the bed.
~  The first to lose a tooth, even if it had to be pulled.

I'm just going to sit here and sip my coffee.
An interview with you, my five year old:
What's your favorite color?  Pink
What is something that is very special to you?  My glow up dragon.  Wait no, it's the golden dragon.  He's my favorite because he's gone.  Just like Sopia is gone, he's gone.



What is your favorite word or saying?  Well...actually...
What is your favorite super hero?  Captian America, but you already knew that.


Look Mom I'm making a snow angel in the sand!

What is your favorite memory of this past year? Sopia 
When you're a grown up and you want to remember something special from this year what do you want it to be?  Living with the Bookers, Mom and Dad and Si.



What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to build houses and teach people how to use nunchucks.  I will live in New Hampshire and save money and then I will teach people about the Bible in Africa.


This year my prayer is this:
That you would follow your heart and desires because God gave them to you.  But also continue to learn your boundaries, what is right and what is wrong.  I pray that you keep dreaming big and loving unconditionally the way only children can.  May you never lose that part of you...Even as you enter your 5th year of life know that you are a child of God.  When you are grown and read this for the first time know it then too.  You are loved by me, your Dad and brother, but most of all the Creator of the heavens and the earth.   Love Him back.  Those wild dreams of nunchucks, New Hampshire and Africa or whatever it is you dream can easily become a reality.


Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.  Delight yourself in the LORD; and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He will do it.
~ Words of King David (The baby in the family who fought bears & lions,  killed giants when a whole army couldn't, climbed cliff sides, became king, dreamed big, loved God.)

No comments:

Post a Comment