Sunday, May 8, 2011

This day

Three years ago the date was May 11th.  The sun was shining and had I been home the windows would have been open.  I was in the hospital.  Three years ago I was for the first time experiencing Mothers day as a mother. My first born son was hours old, born the previous evening weighing 8 lbs 14 oz.  It was amazing.  It was exhausting.  I had been in labor for 29 hours.  It was the hardest work of my life.  Yet still with all the change and sleeplessness I was in love with that small child. 

My man of the woods was a screamer.  He came out screaming and screamed for the first half of that next year.  My Momma instincts knew something was wrong with my baby, but it took us 6 months to figure out that he had a severe milk allergy.  As we learned how to help him we watched him heal and become the happy curious little boy he is now with great joy.

13 months ago He informed Charlie and I that Jesus was his friend.  In his almost two year old words he explained why Jesus was so special and wanted to friends with him.  At first we were skeptical and didn't think he really understood what he was saying, but over the next few months we realized that he truly did want to be friends with Jesus.  We saw this by the things he would do or say, and the questions he asked.  Now a year later the story of Jesus brings tears my little man's eyes and he remembers the pain Jesus went through so they could be friends.

Mothers Day is a beautiful day to remember all the blessings my sons bring into my life.  I'm even more blessed to be reminded each year of the receiving of my oldest baby as my first ever Mothers day gift.  One step further, that joy and bottomless love I feel for my sons isn't even close to the love my Creator has for me or any of us.  I am blessed!

For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.  I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well.  My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.  How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!  How vast is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they would out number the sand. 
~ Psalm 139:13-18a

 Some highlights of this past year for my three year old man.

Loving the mall rides.

Fishing trips with Daddy and the Grandpas.

Family time.


Brothers becoming friends.

The monster face!

Lending Daddy a helping hand.

Building towers that would only last seconds before being destroyed.



I love you Silas Boy!
What a gift to be called your Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment