Thursday, May 5, 2011

This season

As a good, white winter has just ended and spring is finally in the air.  I am just as full of excitement as my wee ones when each day we check to see that our seeds have grown, even if only by the slightest bit.  I find myself gazing out the window watching Jumpy the Squirrel bask in the spring sun.  I'm also dreaming of summer so that we can eat the produce of our plants, walk in the warm rain, enjoy the bugs (well some of them at least), and watch nature bloom with all it's glory.  Oh but then comes Autumn!  Long drives on old back roads just to see the rainbow of leaves!  Getting those last visits to the park before the snow arrives. We can't forget the corn mazes, apple cider, apple sauce and well apple anything making.  Celebrating the passing of another year.  Watching the old die and anticipating what is to come.    Then earth's cleansing begins over with pure, blemish free snow.  Each season has it's own purpose.  Each season is beautiful.

Life is like that, a continuous change of season.  I can look back over each year of my life and see how each season or piece of my puzzle was carefully put into place.  Each piece has it's own shape but was made to fit perfectly with the season that came before and the one coming next.  I have had many seasons since I moved back from Hungary.  The season of being a newly wed.  The awes and wonders of a new baby being formed inside my body.  Working.  Motherhood.  Bible quiz coach.  Seasons running into other seasons.  Once again I'm entering a new season of my life.  I am fully wife, and fully mother.  That is all that is expected of me.  Even better that is all that is needed of me.  I can rest in the simplicity of my purpose, rest in my season.  I can even rest in the not knowing how long this season will last.  Even if it is a few weeks, I'm going to rest in it.

I know that everything God does will remain forever; there is nothing to add to it and there is nothing to take from it, for God has so worked that men should fear Him. 
~ Ecclesiastes 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment