Monday, August 8, 2011

A glum day

This morning started off with my two hoolies playing together, attempting to be friends.  While I tried to continue packing and organizing the now half home full of boxes packed with memories and anticipation.  Some days I just know when the kidlets wake that everything will become a battle between the two of them.  Today is one of those days.  So I threw my to do list to the wind and we snuggled down in our pj's watching some of our favorite shows and some new ones.  Just loving on each other. 

As the morning continued on even though I was soaking in the little boy cuddles I was becoming more and more glum.  By the time my Strong man got home for lunch I let the three of them fend for themselves while I snoozed.  This is the worst day I've had in over a month.

While today is a down day for me compared to two months ago it is a beautiful day.  I have not needed a five minute break half way through the morning, I have not needed to phone a friend, or have my hubby take the boys for me while I sobbed the day away.  I simply am glum.  Really that's to be expected every once in a while in the broken world that we live in. 

I'm praising the Lord for my wise Doc and for medication that works with next to nothing for side effects.  For the time I've put into learning myself and this depression.


Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me; O LORD, be my helper.  You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, that my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent.  O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You Forever.

~ Psalm 30:10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment