Saturday, October 8, 2011

Apple pie

Back in the summer when the sun was beating down on us while our boys played happily my Waitress friend invited me to her Mom's for an apple pie day early October.  Sounded like fun so I marked it on the calender and waited.


Not only did I get to meet her mother that loved my boys as if they were her own grandchildren, but I also got to meet both of her grandmothers.  The five of us made 16 pies that day.  The grandmothers were in charge of the pie crust.  They didn't follow a reciepe they just put it all together to make one of the most heavenly crusts I have ever tasted!  That's my dream, to cook like that when I'm a grandmother with adult grandkids.


The boys, great buds, played around our feet since it rained most of the day.  The sounds of little ones playing and the smell of pies baking brought rest to my soul.


So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.
~ Psalm 63:4

1070.  Smell of apple pies baking and time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment