Sunday, October 2, 2011

A God who hears.

A little over two weeks ago I sat with my feet in my Strong mans lap after the boys had gone to bed and the chores were done.  We began to pray.  Our goal to be out of debt.  Things were not going as planned so we did what we should have done in the first place and specifically talked with God about it.  The two of us, together, out loud, in the quiet of the night.

Two days later as I collected my book for the this years Sunday school class a class mate beside me said she wanted to pay for my book.  Not having any cash on me I promised to pay her back the following week.  She refused.  We finally settled on some of my home made Christmas yummies.  $8 extra to put on debt.

Today, after church we made a last minute plan of going to family restaurant in town.  The boys and I had hardly seen our Strong man all weekend so we thought this would be a good way to get a bit of family time.  We kept it cheap, simple and fun.  This day was one of those times were you know that you are not the most amazing parent in the world and so does the whole restaurant.  You know what I mean, my three year old son was so excited about watching the miniature train go by that he was leaning WAY over the back of our booth into the next, where another family is quietly eating, yelling, "Choo-choo!  Choo-choo!"  All the while little brother is pulling his place mat down into the seat with him and all that is on it.  (Praise the Lord he missed the drinks!)  To make things even more fun the place was packed so there was no way this was going to be one of those times where you inhale and get out as quickly as you can.  Well, there was this man who sat diagonally across from us and back too us.  I had noticed him a few times turning and watching us.  As he got up to leave he stopped at our table saying, "I have two grandsons about the age of your boys.  I've really enjoyed watching them while I ate.  You're doing a great job parenting.  Keep it up.  God bless" as he left Laughter blew him a kiss.  Slightly humbled by my attitude during this meal and mulling over his words we asked the waitress for our bill only to find that this stranger had paid it for us...

If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!
~ Matthew 7:11

1072.  Classmate buying my book for me as a gift.
1073.  Stranger affirming my parenting skills.
1074.  Stranger buying my families lunch.
1075.  A God who hears.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet reminder from the Lord of his provision for you, and his honoring such a worthwhile goal. So cool!

    ReplyDelete