Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pushed back to Grace.

I am a most forgetful human being.  I forget so quickly that all is a gift. 
Life is a gift. 
Breath is a gift. 
Pain is a gift.
My never leaving dark illness that is for now laying asleep tucked in tightly, a gift. 
All is a gift. 

Last night I had was given the gift of sitting in the front row watching my favorite musician give a concert.  As I sat watching his fingers knowingly run across the keyboard I was reminded again of Grace and how quickly I forget.  All I could do was say Thank you to my Maker for so many gifts.  I realized even in my darkest times thank you had been on my mind, but somehow in the busyness of life I have forgotten all that He has done for me. 

I wonder why it is that I need pain to push me back to Grace, to open my eyes to each gift, to move my lips to say these two life changing words; Thank You.

May I always be learning Grace.  May I always be practicing "Thank You".

But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.
~ Hebrews 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment