Monday, February 4, 2013

A very happy birthday to me!

My birthday happened to fall on a Friday this year which also happens to be one of my work days.  So away I went dressed in black with the Hut logo stitched on my shirt and straws in my apron.  As I began work on Friday things began kind of slow so I started in on my assigned side work; cleaning out the cooler.  As I took out the chocolate milk I saw a clear container with my name flashing through.  This is what I found:


Two friends had dropped it off for me earlier in the day.  Feeling a bit like I had gone back in time to the prom I never attended I wore it all night as I served my customers.  It was good for conversation.  Because of it my coworkers realized this marked my 29th birthday.  Since we had a birthday party scheduled that night and since the left over cake was given to the party's server.  They snuck a piece out back put a candle in it and sang happy birthday to me.


I loved my re-gifted cake, even though they were very apologetic for not having done anything bigger.  Also giving me the advice that next year I need to announce well in advance my upcoming birthday.  Adding in the assurance that they would begin announcing there own birthdays at least 3 months in advance so I could have fare warning...My re-gifted cake and happy birthday song in the back of the Hut is one of my all time favorite birthday memories.  It was a good day.

~ Crazy friends trying to improve my tips with a rose.
~ Sneaky coworkers creatively celebrating my birthday.
~ Relationship building, and lots of laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment