Thursday, November 17, 2011

A house call


Our shepherd came out today.  I sent a short email yesterday wondering his opinion.  Expecting maybe a few notes back and forth.  Instead my Strong man and I got a house call this morning.  It was good.  We sat over coffee with our Bibles between us, and little boy interruptions.  Many encouraging words and insights given to us.  I worked hard not to sob through our whole meeting because I wanted to hear.  Tears have come freely now since this time last week.  This meeting was too important to cry through. Although even with my best efforts I did allow some to escape.


As we finished our time together with maybe some of the most encouraging words to came.  Strong man holding Man of the woods in between Shepherd and I.  Holding hands to pray while inviting Laughter to join, but he ran out of the room.  As we began Laughter came noisily back into the room with two of his small chairs.  Pushing them close to mine he sat folded his hands and began repeating our Shepherd, "God, help Shandy to accept..." Getting lost in the Shepherds words he would repeat this over and over until the end, finishing with Amen...A gift to be prayed for by my smallest man just two days into underwear.


We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks, For Your name is near; Men declare your wondrous works...But as for me, I will declare it forever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
~ Psalm 75:1 & 9

1228.  Shepherd that takes the time on busy weeks to see me.
1229.  Man of the woods taking time to sit quietly and pray with us.
1230.  Laughter joining our Shepherd in prayer.
1231.  Hugs from my housemate.

No comments:

Post a Comment