Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It caught my breath

Most mornings start this way.  We have breakfast together as a family.  After I tidy for just a few minutes I sit down to drink my coffee while catching up on what is happening in the rest of the world.  From there we move on to school.  It works well for us.  Today was a bit different though.  Daddy let me sleep in, knowing that I went to bed early with a bad head ache.  I woke just in time to give him a kiss goodbye.  The boys having had colds for the last few days are a bit antsy so I almost didn't sit to drink coffee and see what was going on in the world.

I'm glad I did, because I found that a grandson of a mentor has passed away.  He's just a child.  His older brother is still fighting the sickness.  They wait to find the Lord's will.  Grandma's message started this way, "Praise the Lord for grace."

Kind of stops you, both the situation and the response to it. This kind of faith forces you to evaluate how it is you live your life.  Can I say praise the Lord if he said today was the day for my boys to be with Him?  I'm not so sure.  Most normal days it's work...I think I have some major refocusing to do.

Please pray for this family with me. 

In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice, In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.
~ Psalm 5:3


1168.  A grandmother who sees the big picture.
1169.  A boy who will never know pain again.
1170.  Strangers in constant prayer.
1171.  A God who is big enough.
1172.  Another lesson in holding life with an open hand.
1173.  This selfish heart of mine being reminded of it's purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment