Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Today

The house is quiet.  My Bible is open to the psalms.  Every now and then I watch out the window at the November trees swaying as the clouds pass by.  I slowly sip a cup of hot tea.  The picture is beautiful.

The path leading up was not so beautiful.  The storm, darker and stronger now then in the recent past has it's strong hold on me.  Did I mention that I have a friend visiting?  She's napping.  When she arrived I was a bundle of tears to the point of almost sobbing on her shoulder.  She understands, she has walked this road before.  She sent me to bed, finished preparing lunch for my littles, loved on them and put them to nap.  It seems that in the coziness of boy cuddles she too has fallen asleep...

But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the LORD God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works.
~ Psalm 73:28

1225.  Friend who show up at just the right time.
1226.  A lady my boys love and trust.
1227.  A God who will always give me refuge.

1 comment:

  1. Great verse. It is helpful to draw on such words to ease the challenges of a day. Thanks - Julie

    ReplyDelete