Friday, November 25, 2011

Needed rest

My three men just left for the day, the day after Thanksgiving, and the first time in months that we have three days together; we are separated. 

I'm broken.  The last time I spent more then one day with people I was a mess for over a week.  Tomorrow is our day to turn our house into a place of remember the Christ child.  I want to be well.  I want to smile because it's natural not just what I should do.  I want hug and love my boys not fight myself to get out of bed.  I want tomorrow to be a day of joy both on the inside and the out.  So today I rest.

My men are out getting Nana and Grandpa's tree.  It's something we do every year.  My strong man and his younger sister will search for what seems like hours trying to find the best tree and bicker between themselves as to why that tree isn't the right one until they both come to the point of being tired and cold ending in simply picking one.  That one will probably be the one they first saw.  They'll all go into the tiny shop to warm up with some hot cider and doughnuts.  They'll each pick out an ornament for the tree. 

This day full of tradition, is one of our favorite.  In fact this day is far more important to us then our day of opening gifts with this side of the family.  Here are some pictures from years past:




Once they all get back to Nana & Grandpa's house the tree will be set up with everybody being kicked out of the living room while the lights are put on.  Christmas music will be played all day, including a very veggie Christmas.  Again something Strong man and writer sister will squabble over; all part of the fun.  As the decorations go up at some point one of the sisters quietly drop tinsel on Grandpa.  The battle will begin...Chinese food will be eaten for dinner.  The night will be ended with a Christmas movie that even Laughter will enjoy.  It will be good. 



For me, I will rest.  It too will be good.

The LORD preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me.  Return to your rest, O my soul, for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.
~ Psalm116:6-7

1248.  Snow piles.
1249.  Trees swaying.
1250.  Clean floors.
1251.  Christ child music.
1252.  Decorations.
1253.  Tree hunting.
1254.  Memories.
1255.  Car rides
1256.  Tinsel battles
1257.  Chinese food.
1258.  Christmas movies.
1259.  Remembering our Hope.
1260.  Winter sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment