Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Holidays, honestly...

Here's the thing, I'm naturally an introvert.  It's more then just enjoying alone time filled with quiet, it's an out right need for me.  There comes a time when I hit my limit.  A point when I am just no longer able to give any more.  I'm empty.  It's the way I have always been.  Just ask my Mom, I hated going to the big family shindigs where there would be 50 people around for the whole day.


I'm learning too that one of my triggers in this depression is lots of time spent with lots of people. It wipes me out, not just wear me out as it had before.  Let me give you a mental picture. I spend the day with a small group of people lets say five or six and the next day or maybe a few days later I'm in bed sleeping for the ENTIRE day.  As I think of the holidays and all those gathering, I'm a bit overwhelmed.


When I think of the Christ child I'm in love.  In fact my three men and I have already started celebrating His amazing birth!  Sharing Christ's birth with my boys is one of my favorite things to do.

And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
~ Luke 2:16

1165.  Talking of Jesus' birth with my small men.





No comments:

Post a Comment