Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The calm before the...craziness...

Yes craziness.  No, not a storm.  How can all the goodness to come be called a storm?  It's all a gift begging for a thank you.


In less then forty-eight hours I'll be at the conference center getting each ladies room ready, with chocolate on the pillows and all...I can't wait to share all the surprises we have in store for the ladies.  After they all arrive I will share the details.  It's going to be a good weekend.  These ladies will know they are valued.


This afternoon, the boys and I made our own laundry detergent.  The last batch we made was our first attempt, lasting us 3 months!  Today everything went much more smoothly and it was nice to create with the hoolies.  I've been so into the conference anything that requires clean up is out.  We've done lots of park time, a few play dates, showers just for fun, and yes lots of TV time.  A season for everything right?


Our only find of the day: A dead frog.
Strong man will be out of town for the week, an excuse for the boys and I to spend a week in my childhood town.  It'll be good to see lots of family to visit friends that really are family but have no expectations of me, and just be in the mountains of Maine.


Even with life as busy as it's been we've still made time to hold on tight to each other.  Over the weekend we headed to the city forest.  An easy walk but lots of just us time.


Man of the woods:  I think I found a dinosaur fossil!!
As I love the snow cleansing the dead earth I love to see life come out of death:






There is an appointed time for everything.  And there is a time for every event under heaven--A time to give birth and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

2070.  Sunny, cool spring days.
2071.  The birth of nature.
2071.  Walks in the woods.
2072.  Little boys wanting to explore every puddle and stream.
2073.  Laughter insisting on walking on the ice and then falling.
2074.  Laughter warning me to use great caution as I tip toe across the frozen snow for just the right picture.
2075.  Man of the woods on the look out for dinosaur fossils.
2076.  Being in the woods with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment