Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The spiritual world & our conference

In the past weeks I've been reminded that the spiritual world is real.  As I prepare for this conference, I prepare to talk of relationships.  I'll speak of the worst kinds and of the best kinds.  Unfortunately I know the extremes of both. 


As I've spent over two months working out my sessions, I keep coming back to that word; relationship.  I've spent time pouring over scripture I've learned much and been encouraged to keep on keeping on.


In the past few weeks my closest relationships have had a lot of tension.  It wasn't until a jr. high-ish fight with Strong man last week that I began to look at things from a spiritual standpoint.  What better way to defeat me then to send all of my relationships into a spiral spin just before I go teach 35 women about relationships!

Interesting enough as all this had just come into focus my Shepherd pointed out this verse from Acts during his teaching this past Sunday;  This man summoned Barnabas and Saul and sought to hear the word of God.  But Elymas the magician (for so his name is translated) was opposing them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith.(Acts 13:7b-8).

I'd appreciate your prayers as my partner and I go into this weekend.  Pray that the opposition will be held off for us and the women who hear us.  That the Holy Spirit may have much freedom to work without hindrances.

Here are some amazing ways we have already been blessed:

2061.  We've had an over abundance of financial support to the point that we've told people to stop giving.
2062.  Many are already holding this conference up in prayer daily.
2063.  We've asked different women to be in prayer for a specific girl and they are taking it very seriously.
2064.  We've had many volunteer to cook, help put the material together, & buy supplies.
2065.  A church of 200 people has made this conference there own, the entire church has been involved in someway.
2066.  Every bed is full, but we did not end up needing to search for extra corners to sleep people.
2067.  The teaching times have come together beautifully.
2068.  Almost all of the supplies cost less then they should have, everything purchased was a deal, but all of it quality; exactly what we had in mind.
2069.  The conference center its self invites rest and spiritual searching.  It asks for quiet, but deep conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment