Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Each day is a journey

Isn't that the way, life always changing.  Our timing never quite right.

Yesterday I woke up to the whispers of Laughter, "Momma, I love you more.  No, I love you more."  With some gentle kisses covering my face.  To live forever with two year old hands holding my face, simply lavishing love into my ears and onto my skin.  What could go wrong when the day starts like that.  Sweet rest to my soul.

But shortly after the same sweet mouth was saying nasty things, "nah nah nanah nah" or "Here brother you can have this" only to yank it away just after his brother said thank you and was about to take it.  I had my first melt down since moving in.  As soon as Strong man walked through the door I was in bed.

That's how it is, each day a new day.  Each day a new path.  Some paths are rocky while some are smooth. 

I so often forget, each day I'm handed only what God wants me to have.  All of it is good.  All of it has purpose.  All of it will change me.

Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow.  You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.
~ James 4:14

2038.  Little boy hands gently holding my face.
2039.  Waking up to whispers of I love you from my son's two year old voice.
2040.  I have two boy children.
2041.  Bad days to show me how far I've come in such a short time.
2042.  A husband to let me crash, but not let me wallow.  He's able to find the balance.
2043.  TV days.  Lots of cuddles.
2044.  Stories of whales and doughnuts, a diving board for imaginations to run wild.
2045.  Easy dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment