Saturday, April 14, 2012

Writing to all the world

As I open my computer I feel as though I've entered a prison cell.  A place where no light shines, I'm only able to feel the cold, hard dirt on my toes, hearing the drip, drip, drip, of the water, and smelling the stench of death.  It is suffocating.

I was naive to think that while I had my heart and struggles open to the world that still this place was entirely mine.  I've come to realize that whenever you let someone in, a bit of it becomes there's.  It's true for me.  I have one blog I read daily, it's the place I always go to be reminded that my boys are just normal lively boys.  It's become apart of me, by helping me draw the balance between boy and crazy.  Another place I go often brings rest to my soul.  Even as the web page is opening I can feel my chest lighten.  A piece of each has become mine.  In the same way I'm realizing that this space here is not only mine but that of any who stop by.  A memory made, a lesson learned, a bit of walking together, a cup of tea shared.  In minutes it's gone from mine to ours.

I will turn no one away, therefore I am writing to all the world...

...That's a weight on my shoulders...

I talk often of the dirty parts of life, the parts we all share yet never mention.  Without the ugly, Grace can't be seen.  They go hand in hand.  After all if there were no wrongs then there is no need for Grace. 

I think over time as I learn to write to the world while staying true to my purpose the prison cell will fade and the meadow with spring flowers will shine through.  I will have walked a little longer, hopefully to be more refined; a better student of Jesus.

Now to Him who is able to to far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen
~ Ephesians 3:20-21

2057.  Time
2058.  The unmovable Grace of God.
2059.  Seasons to stop and evaluate the heart.
2060.  Knowing your purpose and fighting to live it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment