Thursday, August 2, 2012

All seasons

"There is an appointed time for everthing.  And there is a time for every event under heaven"~King Solomon.  My adult seasons have gone something like this:
~Four years in Hungary serving the Most high and learning to fully rely on Him.
~Marriage with babies growing in my belly and on my hip for the next three.
~While motherhood and marriage continued a dark, deep depression later classified as Bi-polar took my focus for almost a year in a half.

Now these past few months it's been a season of understanding death.  Death has brushed by many times this summer.  Sometime he has taken souls and others he has lost his cold grip extending life here on earth.  Only God knows how long this season of death will last.

While I lived in Hungary I began to have a craving.  A craving to work with young adults that are broken.  Obviously all of us are broken, but I'm talking about those who don't or can't hide there brokenness.  My husband had the same desire well before he met me.  In the fall we will on a very small scale begin a new season where we will be able to deeply reach some of these people our hearts have been for.

As I look back on my seasons of life I realize each season was a preparation of the season to come.  Without my past my heart would be for the deeply broken.  Over time I've learned that all seasons are good not easy but good.  There is a master plan and God is always good.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose.
~ Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment