Saturday, February 25, 2012

Family laundry days, EFA 2.6

It's always good in the heavy thought provoking seasons to remember to stop and enjoy the small things.  I love family laundry days.  These days are worth remembering.  So I will pause to enjoy the simple.

Even though we have on site laundry we have found it cheaper to go to the laundry mat.


Instead of doing laundry a little each day we go once a week and still only spend about two hours from start to finish.  We're finding the boys are able to help us too.


Man of the woods instinctively knows that we should separate the clothes.  It just makes sense to do it that way.  This brings a smile to my face, "That's my son."  There is a process to everything.


And if you want to save some money, I've got a super easy laundry detergent recipe for you:
~1 cup Borax
~1 cup baking soda
~2 cups grated bar soap (any of your choice.  I use an oatmeal based one.  Honestly it was the cheapest I could find)
~add essential lavender oil to your noses desire.
~Mix together and there you have it laundry detergent.
In the words of my Strong man "It's easy peasy" (He's going to love me for sharing that one!)

I've been using it for about a month now and love it.  I'll be honest I doubted it would work well, but I love it.  Really the cost is about three dollars for every batch made.  So far a month into it I haven't even hit the half way mark.  It's also an easy activity for the kidlets to help with.

Moreover, that every man eats and drinks and sees good in his labor--it is the gift of God.
~ Ecclesiastes 3:13

1750.  Family laundry days.
1751.  The peace working together brings.
1752.  Small hands learning the joy of work.
1753.  Story time.
1754.  25 cent machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment