Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A thing we do.

Family days often begin with me, the Momma the last to roll out of bed, but the first to think of coffee.  Every family day as I begin the coffee making process I ask Strong man if he'd like a cup or two.


He always says that he does so I make it just the way he tells me to.  Even though I already know how he takes it I ask any way.  It's just a thing we do.  He then thanks me and promptly forgets about the steaming hot, creamy, cup of joe.  That is until lunch when he notices it sitting full by the coffee pot.  At that he assures me that he simply forgot, it has nothing to do with my coffee making skills.  I in turn assure him that I understand. 


It's become tradition, a habit, an I love you of sorts.  May we continue long into old age.

Put me like a seal over your heart, Like a seal on your arm.  For love is as strong as death.
~ Song of Solomon 8:6a

1680.  Coffee rituals.
1681.  Sharing life together.
1682.  Best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment