Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sugar cookies of love...

This year I'm trying to make valentines day a bit different from any other day.  I'm also trying to keep it cheap.  I saw a picture on the famous website pintrest of spiraled red and white sugar cookies.  I thought we'd give it a try.


As I was feeling creative I combine two recipes to make a melt in your mouth kind of cookie.
First I gave each boy there own bowl as we were doubling the batch.  In one bowl I added red food coloring.


In each bowl we mixed:
3/4 c soft butter (or soy butter for those with milk allergies)
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 c flour

Place bowls in fridge for a few hours.

Invite a friend to help, it's a one to one ratio.  Life is always better that way.

Roll out each dough and then stack.  Cut around the edges so they are even.  Begin to roll the dough.


Using dental floss cut the dough.


In a separate bowl put a 1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar.  Mix in a few drops of red food coloring in honor of the holiday.  dip dough in sugar and place on a cookie sheet.


Cook at 350 for 8-ish minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment