Thursday, June 7, 2012

A petion for wisdom with thanksgiving

I was given the chance to go have an evening out and alone.  Something that I need every once in a while so I grabbed my Bible and a notebook and hit the road.  I had many things spinning around in my head so I began making a list and as I asked God what was going to happen with each of these things I looked out the window to see the most beautiful rainbow (It even had the purple line at the bottom) on a dark grey sky.  A promise from God to Noah and a reminder that God is bigger then what was on my list.  My heart quickly turned from weary worry to this:

Praise the LORD, all nations; Thank Him, all peoples!
For His lovingkindness is great toward us, and the truth of the LORD is everlasting.
Praise the LORD!


I will trust in His truth with all my heart and I will not lean on my own thoughts.
I will revere the LORD and I will not act on evil thoughts.
It will be healing to my body and refreshing to my bones.

Your works are great, O LORD!
Your thoughts are very deep.
By wisdom Your founded the earth, by understanding You established the heavens.
By Your knowledge the deeps were broken up and the skies drip with dew.

How blessed I will be if I find wisdom and gain understanding.
The beginning of wisdom is: Acquire wisdom and with all my acquiring, get understanding.
And if I do this I will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever I do I will prosper.

I will sing of His truth and lovingkindness, I will sing to both the young and old.
I will clap my hands.
I will shout to God with my voice of joy.

In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; in the morning I will make my request for wisdom.
As evening comes I will eagerly look for your answer.
For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.

I love You, LORD, because You hear my voice and see my search.
I will give thanks to You with all my heart; I will tell any who listen of all Your wonders.
I will beg the nations to join me as I worship You.
Praise the LORD, all nations, Thank Him all peoples!
For His lovingkindness is great toward us, and the truth of the LORD is everlasting.
Praise the LORD!
Praise His glorious name!

(A compilation of different psalms and proverbs turned into first person with a very few of my own lines mixed in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment