Thursday, June 9, 2011

Beautiful Dirt


Dirt.  A constant fight.


A losing battle when it comes to boys.  I consider it a success if they are clean 10 minutes after bath time.

Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. (Genesis 2:7)


The Maker of the heavens and the earth, the One who knows nothing greater then Himself, used dirt to make man.  He spoke the rest of creation into being, but man the highest of all else created, made in His image, the Maker used dirt to create.


Just as dirt brings joy to little boys.  Dirt brings joy to my Creator.

I am a dirty, messy person.  On both the inside and the out I'm filthy.  Yet I am loved, pursued even by my Maker who doesn't mind a little dirt. 

The LORD appeared to him from afar, saying, "I have loved you with an everlasting love;  Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness. ~ Jeremiah 31:3 

563.  Husband sacrificing shower so I can sip coffee in quiet.
564.  Friends who call.
565.  A creator that lavishes love on me.
566.  Examples to follow.
567.  Dirt

No comments:

Post a Comment