Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sweet bedtime memories.

As we were walking to the bedroom last night my Man of the woods asked if maybe Daddy could cuddle with little brother so I could cuddle with him.  I wasn't going to pass on a request for cuddles.


It was my turn to tell the bedtime story so I talked of grey skies, the Son having time alone to speak with His Father, rough waters, Peter walking on the seas.  The moral of my story wasn't keep your eyes on Jesus, but that even Jesus needed to have quiet time to talk with God.  From there we went to our nightly prayers.  This night was different.  We all prayed that was normal.  This night we spent minutes not seconds thanking Jesus for the big and small things in our day with short sentences.  I'm not sure my Man of the woods wanted it to end.  I'm not sure any of us wanted it to end.  It was beautiful to hear my men talk to Jesus with excitement.  That is pure Joy.

Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth.
~ Psalm 54:2

726.  Man of the woods asking, "Momma do you know how much I love you?"
727.  Popcorn Thank You Jesus' at bedtime as a family.
728.  A crown of curls for my Man of the woods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment