Saturday, June 11, 2011

I want to see it in His Words.

Thirty-three pages into her book this is what I read:

"Charis.  Grace.
Eucharisteo.  Thanksgiving.
Chara.  Joy.
A triplet of stars, a constellation in the black.
A threefold cord that might hold a life?  Offer a way up into the fullest life? 
Grace, thanksgiving, joy.  Eucharisteo.
A Greek word...that might make meaning of everything?"
~ Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts

Really?  Could life, the believers life, be that simple?  As I continued to read her words I pondered this.  Now that I am finished with her book I have continued to ponder.  It sounds so simple and in these three things are all that I want right now as I fight against the hopelessness that my mind is stuck in.  I made a decision.  I am going to read through the Bible, maybe not cover to cover, but book by book, and look for these three things.  I want to see how they fit into God's story.  

Today I found a NASB thin line, chocolate brown and turquoise, cutesy Bible.  I don't want my old thoughts hindering me as I read through again.  I want eyes to see the grace, thanksgiving and joy.  I look forward to meeting God again.  Meeting Him in a different way then I have before.  I look forward to this adventure. 

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book:  if anyone adds to them, God with add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.  He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly."  Amen.  Come, Lord Jesus.
~ Revelation 22:18-20

596.  A God that isn't easily offended. 
597.  A Friend that lavishes love and grace.
599.  A begged prayer over months, granted.
600.  A note sent over the computer simply saying I love you.
601.  Two tomato plants waiting for me on my doorstep.
602.  A quick errand done with my lovable three year old.
603.  Man of the woods holding doors for strangers.
604.  Boys remembering manners in public.
605.  New Bible not only the price, translation, and size I hoped for, but super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment