Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Walk

After lunch, our last day at camp, my small man of the woods asked me to walk back to the lodge with him rather then ride in the van.  I agreed.  It was one of the best walks of my life.  At first we started down the road, the fastest way to our goal.  I was enjoying my conversation with my three year old so much I didn't want it to end so we took a side trail.

Isn't it beautiful?!  Isn't he amazing?  I can hardly believe how grown up he is. We talked of nature, our weekend, about how much fun little brother would have if he were with us.  We looked at spiders, avoided the mud, even though Mommy had no problem walking through it, and simply enjoyed each other.  Time froze for us or at least that's how it felt to us both.

Looking back over these photos I see so much.  I see a small child who has a long journey ahead of him.  I pray that he runs the race well.  I pray that I am an example worthy of following.

I hope that when the bumps come, as we all know they will, that he is able to take them in stride with joy.

Just like he did on our walk.

I pray he's able to always see that there is a path to take no matter how narrow it may be.

Most of all I pray that this is where he finds his life's directions.

Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, that hovers over its young, he spread His wings and caught them, He carried them on His pinions.  The LORD alone guided him
~ Deuteronomy 32:11-12a

409.  Being asked to walk from lunch by my 3 year old.
410.  Walking through the woods and playing on rocks with my little man of the woods.
411.  Taking fun pictures.
440.  Nature.
441.  Life teaches.
443.  Seeing God's "bigness" through some photos.
444.  Being reminded of how to pray from my children men.


1 comment: