Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sickness, boxes, & friendship

Today I've carried around a box of tissues, while trying not to let any more of the gray matter slip into a slumber.  Add to that 10 days ago it was decided that we were moving. 8 days ago we found the perfect apartment.  All the while in two days we move. The count down is on, 2/3 of the house is packed. We've been out straight for days. It's been good. It's been overwhelming.


Soon I'll tell the story of what God has done in our lives.  I'll tell of His blessings.  Of his provision and abounding love.  It's a story of pleasure that He takes in giving.  But I think you need pictures to fully appreciate all He did for us; mainly me. 


The men have passed a cold back and forth for what seems like a month now.  I being the good Mommy that I am have done everything in my will power to stay healthy.  (Okay maybe it has nothing to do with good, but everything to do with selfishness...)  That is until the packing boxes came back into our lives.  Then I stopped eating healthy, stopped taking vitamins, stopped sleeping, stopped taking a break half way through the day to spend time in Scripture.  When order slips or rather vanishes along with it I lose what little control I have of this depression.  As the days have passed I have felt the darkness taking over bit by bit.



 I have fought to keep it at bay. I quickly began adding all the forgotten things, most of all the time with my Maker, back into my life. But each of these have simply become more items to check off the days "To do List." The list that is never fully completed.  It's a season this busyness.  It will only last a week or so longer.  I'm hoping and praying that God will see fit to get me through this week only slightly worn.  I'd rather not find myself at ground zero when Monday rolls around...


...Even if I do I will say thank You to my Creator.

For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices.  But this is what I commanded them, saying 'Obey My voice, and I will be your God and you will be My people; and you will walk in all the ways which I commanded you, that it may be well with you.'
~ Jeremiah 7: 22 - 23

1663. Scuzzy days.
1664.  Movie day.
1665.  Much cuddling including a huge hug from Man of the woods with, "I love you Mommy and I hope you have a good birthday.  Happy birthday!"
1666.  Many birthday wishes.
1667.  Some one on one time making my birthday cake with Man of the woods.
1668.  Three gigantic pieces of birthday cake - ALL for me!
1669.  Strong man taking a "sick day" on my behalf so I could get lots of rest.
1670.  Rituals are not what give me a friendship with my Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment