Tuesday, March 6, 2012

After six years it's happening!

Since moving back to the states I have had a dream.  I have prayed for five years asking God to allow me to organize a purity retreat for teen girls and there mothers.  After five years of saying, "No".  This year, year number six, I didn't not ask for a conference.  I knew with my health issues that it would be a no.  It just didn't seem possible.  More and more mothers were talking with me about purity and the fear they had for there daughters lives.  Within just a few weeks all the pieces came together quickly.  Here I am watching my dream come true.  God's timing is perfect right?  Not only am I organizing this conference, but I'm co-hosting it!  It reminds me of the verse in Ephesians that says, "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us..."

I'm terrified of this assignment all the while jumping with excitement.  I hope that all who attend our conference, China Dolls in a Barbie Doll World, will be challenged to know God better.  I know I am learning much about Him as I prepare!

Check out the website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment