Friday, March 16, 2012

Going Green

In celebration of Saint Patrick's day all month the boys and I have been cooking in green.  Remember those pink and white spiral cookies we made for valentines day we did it again in green.  The more I bake the more I realize half the fun in both the process of creating and the process of eating is the presentation.  It's just delightful to sit and eat these cookies.  The same is not true of chocolate chip cookies.  The boys and I turned those into green this month too and well...Babies, that about sums up that experiment.  Don't mess with the chocolate chip cookies.


With the scuzzy day the weather brought us we used our sacred family day to bake more green things.  these ones are pretty yummy too.  I found the idea on Pintrest which has become my new best friend.  Whenever the boys and I are looking for something exciting Pintrest never lets us...Okay back to the point...Um realizing I have no idea what the name of the cookie were that we made today so I shall call them Green cake cookies.  With only 90 calories or so they are pretty yummy and do the eye candy part on there own while they cook.


Here's what you need to do:
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
green food coloring
2 cups flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Cream together


In another bowl mix:
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 Tbs corn starch.
Drop three spoon fulls, of batter into sugar mixture shake bowl covering the blobs and then roll into a balls.  Cook for 9 minutes.  the cookies will not look done but they are.  Cool and enjoy!


Tomorrow's big adventure Green Velvet Whooppie Pies...

1866.  Time with my men.
1867.  Being called thin by a stranger that hadn't seen me 26 lbs less just two months ago.
1868.  Little boys bottomless stomachs.
1869.  Saint Patrick's day.  A time to teach about god's servants.
1870.  Green
1871.  A hubby that will run out to the store that we had already visited once today.
1872.  As I walked by man of the woods he called out my name just to say I love you.
1873.  Warm cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment