Thursday, March 15, 2012

One last winter recipe

Last night my three men and I had a snowball fight in an empty parking lot.  I love snowy nights.  All you can hear is the snow falling soft and gentle like.  It was perfect for a snowball fight.

With the snow I thought warm yummies were in order.  This time it is applesauce muffins, really it's a cake recipe but I throw in some oats, bake like muffins, and serve for a tasty breakfast treat.


2 cups flour
1 cup water
2 cups unsweetened applesauce (I always use my homemade stuffed sometimes it has sweets, sometimes it spiced, sometimes it just is, but it is always good)
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 cup raisins (optional)
2/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Bake at 350 until toothpick come out clean.


The taste great by themselves or with a little sugar/cinnamon mixture sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment