Saturday, March 10, 2012

He's growing up

At one o'clock Man of the woods and I put on our shoes and headed out the door. Our goal was to scope out the preschool right next door. I figured it'd be a pretty short visit, get the facts and get out. We ended up spending an hour quietly exploring. The Executive Director and director in training gave us the run down. All was going as planned until we met Miss. Cindy, his would be teacher. With 22 years of experience she took him right in while all her students were sleeping and the two played.


As it was time to go his eyes fought hard to hold it all together, he wanted nothing more then to continue on with his new found friend.  In a flash those eyes spoke things. They told me I'm a good Mom. He kept his manners and respected the children sleeping with his quiet voice, even though he wanted to fight to stay; I can trust him. They told me that he's growing up. He wants more then just me. He needs others to teach him to reinforce my standards and to stretch his mind.

He's sold. Now, it's all up to Strong man and I. What's the best way to allow him to grow?

Then watch yourself, that you do not forget the LORD who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
~ Deuteronomy 6:12

1840.  Sunny days for a short walk.
1841.  Time with just Man of the woods.
1842.  Checking out a preschool.
1843.  A boy who's growing up.
1844.  A boy I can trust, putting lessons of respect and responsibility into practice.
1845.  A preschool next door.
1846.  Journey of motherhood.
1847.  A God to follow along this path.
1848.  A husband to walk with.
1849.  The unknown.
1850.  The best reward of motherhood to see your child fight to make the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment