Friday, May 11, 2012

The beginnings have begun, EFA 2.10

Strong man has been fishing 6 times this year.  The two littles have been twice, and this Momma just began this week.  With an unexpected day off for Strong man and the only day with sunshine this week, a fishin' we went.  It was glorious! Even if only one trouty was caught.




I will hike miles through unkempt woods soaking wet with a boy on my back, I will spend our day off following around three fishing boys, I will even fish in the rain, and I will enjoy it all (actually I really enjoy it all), but I will net fish in DEAD waters.  That is my limit.  Strong man quickly learned as we were on our first fishing trip which started off great.   I mean he hooked me (quite literally actually).  Until we came to the dead water.  I realized it wasn't for me when I was waist deep in mucky water and knee deep in mud.  I refused to move, kind of embarrassing now, but Strong man had to come to my rescue and like the good husband he is he piggy backed me through that awful water...Needless to say he only asks that I walk through the slightly swampy parts to get us to the rips.  Honestly I'm okay with swampy, I grew up with swampy, but completely immersed in leach infested water, aahhh no...Moving on...




As I said only one trouty was caught,

but the stream sure was beautiful.


And so summer begins.
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
~ Romans 1:20
2164.  Easy first walks in the forest.
2165.  Shallow brooks for the boys to walk in.
2166.  Moss in the sunshine.
2167.  Getting to spend one on one time with each of my boys.
2168.  Remembering Man of the woods first fishing trip.
2169.  Growth; maturity for each of us since the last time we fished.
2170.  Catching only one fish, but allowing each boy to real it in as if it was hooked for the first time.
2171.  Man of the woods learning to fish, almost catching one on his own.
2172.  No ticks, this trip.
2173.  Getting to take my camera out for at least one fishing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment